Ah, bliss. Away from home for a long weekend with your sewing machine, your friends (old & new), and a tack of projects you’ve been itching to stitch. Who can resist the lure of a quilt retreat?
The retreat will be held at
Forest Center 2824 130th Street,
Frederic, WI 54837. Contact information is
715-327-4500 or www.oakforestcenter.org
Directions: From Hwy 35 south of Frederic, turn right on 280th Ave or County W go approximately 3 miles (look for sign) turn right, it’s approximately 0.3 miles to Oak Forest Center which will be to the left (it’s a scenic drive). If you reach
you are about 0.9 miles too far.
Arrival time is 8:00 on Friday. Departure is 4:00 pm on Sunday. Do not plan to arrive before or depart after listed times of this contract.
Cost has 2 options for this retreat:
Friday/Saturday lodging, Friday supper, three meals on Saturday and bunch on Sunday - $93.00
Friday/Saturday lodging, two meals on Friday, three meals on Saturday and bunch on Sunday - $99.50
No food or dining ware can be taken from the dining room without prior permission from the food service staff.
Make checks to –
, the checks for
the retreat will be due on Thursday, March 14. Check will be held until retreat
on April 5. Oak Forest
General Information: Towels and bedding are provided. No smoking is permitted in any building. No dances, fireworks, laser pointers, pets, alcohol, illegal drugs/paraphernalia, occult activities will be tolerated on the premises. Personal sound systems, radios, and musical instruments may be used only in our group’s assigned meeting and housing area, being respectful of noise level. Personal headphones would be recommended. Quiet hours begin at 11:00 pm in the housing areas.
Sewing and special items to bring:
- Sewing machine with cord
- Extension cord and/or surge protector power strip
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Additional lighting or special chair if desired
- Notions” extra blades for rotary cutter, scissors, thread, extra sewing needles, marking pencils, chalk, rules, small ironing boards/irons as long as they fit in your personal space, flannel backed vinyl tablecloth for design wall if desired, tape to hang on the wall and favorite quilt to decorated your bed
- Recycle a mug – approximately 4” tall and 3 ¼” across and one decorative (approximately) 1” button
- 2 fat quarters (quilt shop value)
If you have any questions please contact one of us – Hope Dietrich 612-201-2786, Barb Rogers 715-246-5144 or
Munson 715-781-0246. Lynn
Looking forward to the retreat, sewing and the great quilt stories and experiences. Be safe between now and April 5.